SSM's skylight roof curbs save you time and money while saving your customer from higher energy costs.
Skylight Roof Curbs
With an SSM skylight roof curb, the savings are easy to see.
Businesses are always looking for a competitive advantage. One way is to lower costs. By providing skylights to lobby spaces, show rooms or shopping areas, natural lighting can reduce electrical lighting needs and, that is a plus to their bottom line.
Our skylight curbs are made to respond to retrofit conditions or to address new construction requirements.
SSM‘s curbs are one piece units that are easy to install. Fewer parts means more productivity. Because of this, our roof curbs save your crews time and that is a competitive advantage that can help your bottom line too!
For more information or assistance, please fill out a form to tell us about your roof curb project and we will get back to you quickly or contact Derek Mills at 816.627.5437 to tell him about your specific project needs.
SSM‘s Roof Curb Installation Guide
By selecting this hybrid roof curb, you have selected a patented (US Patent #US 9546485B2) and proven product that is easy to install.
With decades of experience and thousands of roof curbs under our belt, it is no wonder we are able to continue to innovate and improve our hybrid roof curbs.
There are dozens of roof curbs on the market today, but what sets SSM apart is the attention to detail and the continuous evolution of our patented design.
SSM offers a one-of-a-kind patented (US Patent #US 9546485B2) roof curb that comes in one piece with no assembly required making for easy install.
1. 24 gauge Galvalume®, welded cap is part of our patented design.
2. Integral water diverter cricket.
3. Except as noted, our components are 18 ga. Galvalume®. Our
standard Top Flange is 1 1/2” wide but this can vary depending upon your job requirements.
4. Standard height is 10”and sloped to the roof pitch to provide a level mounting surface, based upon your project’s specific needs.
5. The bottom flange, found on 3 sides, is also 1 1/2” wide but custom widths are available.
6. The interior of the Cricket is full enclosed and insulated.
7. Pre-laid out fastener holes, 9/32” in diameter, are placed at 3” [max.] centers around the full curb perimeter.
8. Purlins, enhance stability of the roof, improving both safety and performance.
Engineered for ease of Installation, SSM‘s one piece hybrid curb solution is designed to make installation easy.
B] Cut the opening needed and trim back the roof’s standing seam components as needed for the curb to seat properly.
C] Clean the area around the opening to remove loose particles.
E] Trim all excess butyl and check to see that the tape is secure.
F] Remove the backing layer from the tape and flip the hybrid roof curb over – holding it above the roof opening – and check for proper alignment.
I] Clean up the area around the opening joint between hybrid curb and roof to remove any loose particles.
J] Apply caulk around the perimeter of the hybrid curb in an even and concise manner, utilizing the proper tools, to ensure a consistent seal.
That is it! You are ready to move on to the next one!