We are a proud member of the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors National Association (SMACNA). As members, SMACNA provides SSM with the advantage of employing workers belonging to Local Union #2, one of the oldest and most respected components of the trade.
The men and women of Local #2 advance through a five year apprenticeship training program that also includes “on the job” training and growth. As they advance to journeymen, they are offered more annual training to further enhance their skills and knowledge in the latest techniques and equipment available in the sheet metal industry. It is these employees that are highly trained craftsmen, who take pride in their work ethic and skill set.
These men and women are also required to be trained and certified in First Aid, CPR, OSHA, Aerial Work Platform Safety, as well as Crane Rigging & Signaling. SSM maintains certification in OSHA 10 and 30 hour, as well as the Build Safe Partnership Program (thru the Builders Association) and OSHA Work Safe Partnership Program II, (thru SMACNA – KC). All employees are annually updated on all construction safety regulation and that affords SSM with one of the best safety ratings, of any sub-contractor, in this region.
At SSM we appreciate and encourage today’s work force to participate in and take advantage of opportunities to further advance their skills and knowledge. This posture has allowed SSM to retain the best qualified of highly skilled craftsman that have the pride, skills, knowledge, equipment and, most of all, the experience to perform work to the highest quality that our customer has grown to expect and demand.
It is our goal to continually access and pursue this base of skilled craftsmen, looking toward the future for new training and installation techniques, and innovation in equipment to stay at the top of the field in our industry.
- MIG WELDING – Aluminum, Steel, and Stainless Steel
- TIG WELDING – Aluminum, Steel, and Stainless Steel
- Build Safe Partnership Program
Standard Sheet Metal, Inc. / The Builders Association / OSHA / KC Chapter AGC
- OSHA Work Safe Partnership Program II
Standard Sheet Metal, Inc. / OSHA / US Department of Labor-KC Area Office and SMACNA-KC
- OSHA 10 hour
- OSHA 30 hour
- Alcoa-Reynobond ACM Systems – Engineering, Fabrication, and Installation
- Berridge Standing Seam Roofing
- Centria Architectural Systems
- Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation
- VM Zinc Panel Systems
- Kingspan Insulated Panels
- Firestone Building Products
- McElroy Cladding Systems
- Builders Association of Missouri and Kansas
- SMWIA LOCAL #2
- Building Enclosure Council – Kansas City (Sponsor)
- Kansas State University, Interior Design Alumni Advisory Committee (Sponsor)