HVAC Curbs that respond to your equipment needs.
HVAC Roof Curbs
Roof top mechanical equipment comes in all shapes and sizes. SSM makes roof curbs to match.
SSM fabricates roof curbs that respond to a number of different conditions. Exhaust fans, HVAC equipment or other specialty devices of all kinds can be accommodated by our curbs.
The difference is SSM. Our curbs are one piece units that are easy to install. Fewer parts means more productivity. Because of this, our roof curbs save your crews time on the installation sequence.
When coupled with our skylight roof curbs, you have an unbeatable combination of solutions to assist you with your project’s specific needs.
For more information or assistance, please fill out the form at left. Or, feel free to contact Derek Mills directly. You can reach him via e-mail at: email@example.com or by phone: 816.627.5437.
SSM‘s Roof Curb Installation Guide
By selecting our hybrid roof curb, you have selected a patented (US Patent #US 9546485B2) and proven product that is easy to install.
With decades of experience and thousands of roof curbs under our belt, it is no wonder we are able to continue to innovate and improve our hybrid roof curbs.
There are dozens of roof curbs on the market today, but what sets SSM apart is the attention to detail and the continuous evolution of our patented design.
SSM offers a one-of-a-kind patented (US Patent #US 9546485B2) roof curb that comes in one piece, with no assembly required, making for easy install.
1. 24 gauge Galvalume®, welded cap is part of our patented design.
2. Integral water diverter cricket.
3. Except as noted, our components are 18 ga. Galvalume®. Our
standard Top Flange is 1 1/2” wide but this can vary depending upon your job requirements.
4. Standard height is 10”and sloped to the roof pitch to provide a level mounting surface, based upon your project’s specific needs.
5. The bottom flange, found on 3 sides, is also 1 1/2” wide but custom widths are available.
6. The interior of the Cricket is full enclosed and insulated.
7. Pre-laid out fastener holes, 9/32” in diameter, are placed at 3” [max.] centers around the full curb perimeter.
8. Purlins, enhance stability of the roof, improving both safety and performance.
Engineered for ease of Installation, SSM‘s one piece hybrid curb solution is designed to make installation easy.
B] Cut the opening and trim back the roof’s standing seam components as needed for the curb to seat properly.
C] Clean the area around the opening to remove loose particles.
E] Trim all excess butyl and check to see that the tape is secure.
F] Remove the backing layer from the tape and flip the hybrid roof curb over – holding it above the roof opening – and check for proper alignment.
I] Clean up the area around the opening joint between hybrid curb and roof to remove any loose particles.
J] Apply caulk around the perimeter of the hybrid curb in an even and concise manner, utilizing the proper tools, to ensure a consistent seal.
That is it! You are ready to move on to the next one!